5 Easy Changes You Can Make to Your Kitchen in 2015
If you’re in the 4% of people on this planet that are madly in love with your kitchen, then this post isn’t for you. It also means that the other 96% of us sort of hate your guts, but that’s a post for a later date.
For the rest of us, it’s time to make some changes and here’s a few easily managed ones to give your less-than-cool kitchen a boost for the new year!
1. Knobs, Handles and Pulls: We’ve talked extensively about them and although you can walk in your kitchen and know that it’s just fine without it, this is one of those things you just have to see to believe. Like mixing floral with stripes. We all know it works, but until we do it, it just doesn’t compute in our own life.
- Replace your kitchen cabinet knobs: 11 Inexpensive Knobs and Handles for Your Rental Kitchens
2. The Floors, Oh Those Horrible Floors!: For the most part, all of our rental kitchen floors are the total suck. Quit complaining, cough up $100 and put down new temporary tiles or a rug. It’ll be the best breath of visual fresh air you can give yourself besides painting.
3. Take It To The Walls: Rental kitchens are notorious for having bag cabinets, funny spaces and vast amounts of unused wall space. Try putting up that peg board or mirror you’ve been dreaming about. It’ll make the space more functional and appear larger all in the same go.
- Mirror inspiration: No Window Over The Kitchen Sink, Add A Mirror!
4. Pretty, Pretty Plants: Every last kitchen needs a plant! There’s something special about a little life, new growth and a little bit of love that plays well in a kitchen vibe. No light? Try a succulent that, although needs tons of light, will last 6 months before biting the dust and you can easily replace it. They make everything better. Seriously.
- Get some succulents: How To Plant Succulents In Eggshells
5. Pop of Personality: It’s easy to look at a blah kitchen and not care. Seriously, we get it. But you’ll be inspired to cook, clean and even throw a mini-dance party in the process if you’re reflected in your space!
- Color inspiration: This Candy-Colored London Kitchen Will Totally Cheer You Up
Are you still looking for a little more inspiration? Man, it’s a good thing we’re friends because our beloved Cambria wrote the book on all the best things to tackle in your lackluster rental apartment. It’s a great refresher and is sure to get you motivated!