If there was a contest that attempted to find the most cozy thing of all time, then hot soup in delicious bread bowls would win HANDS DOWN. No questions asked. No runner-up. Because let's be real — if it was OK to crawl into one of these things (assuming you were miniature), you would do it, right? Right.
You could, of course, just hollow out some store-bought bread for your soup bowl, but making the bread yourself is so much better and satisfying. A good bread bowl should be sturdy enough to handle a large quantity of hot soup, but soft enough to absorb just a little liquid and flavor.
Here are five delicious bread bowl recipes that are made to be filled with hot soup:
- Super Easy Crusty No-Knead Pumpkin Bread Bowls - (pictured above) Half Baked Harvest
- Easy Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Bowls - How Sweet It Is
- Beer Pretzel Bowls - Baked by Rachel
- Italian Bread Bowls - Mel's Kitchen Café
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread Bowls - Simply Life Blo
Do you have a favorite bread bowl/soup combination? Let us know in the comments.
(Image: Half Baked Harvest)