5 Big and Beautiful Cutting Boards
When it comes to cutting boards, bigger is definitely better, so if you have an itty-bitty one, it may be time to think about an upgrade. Don’t worry — you don’t have to throw out your small board (you can use it as a cheese board, or for cutting up citrus to garnish cocktails). When it comes to real prep work, consider one of these big and beautiful boards.
1. Bally Block Maple Wood Cutting Board, $69.99 at Webstaurant Store: If you want really, really big — like professional-grade big — this is the board for you. It’s also relatively affordable.
2. Avoca Large Serving Board, $115 at The Citizenry: Made from beech and sycamore, with walnut inlays, this board (16″ x 9″ x 1″) is gentle on your knives and doubles as a gorgeous serving piece for your table.
3. Oak Cutting Board, $174.30 at Kaufmann Mercantile: Big without being bulky, this oak cutting board offers plenty of space for all your slicing and dicing while still being relatively lightweight. A thumb hole in the corner lets you hang it out of the way when it’s not in use.
4. John Boos Walnut Cutting Board, $201.95 at Amazon: John Boos is one of the leading cutting board brands, and this reversible walnut board is both handsome and exceedingly functional.
5. Large Walnut End-Grain Cutting Board, $299.95 at Williams-Sonoma: This board commands a hefty price tag, but its end-grain construction makes it both durable and easy on your blades. Plus, if you go for a darker wood look, this is a stunner.