5 Anti-Fatigue Gel Mats to Save Your Back
We support our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.
If you’re spending a lot of time in the kitchen, it can start to take its toll on your feet, legs, and back. These five mats will help you cook with ease.
- Imprint CumulusPro Commerical Grade, $126: Recommended by The Wirecutter for standing desks, this mat was their top pick for being comfortable for long periods of time and for not giving off nasty chemicals.
- Safewalk-Light Heavy-Duty Anti-Fatigue Mat, $49: Designed for restaurants or commercial kitchens, the open pattern on this mat means spills will drain through to the floor. Be prepared to hose it off in the shower or the yard more frequently than the others.
- Guardian Flexstep Antifatigue Polypropylene Rubber Mat, $34: We imagine that the nubby texture of this mat would feel like a massage on bare feet (although we know that’s a big cooking no-no!). The beveled edges also make you less likely to trip on the corners.
- Designers Edge Kitchen and Comfort Mat, $90: If you want something that will blend in with your decor a bit more, this mat is your best bet. The woven design will make it look like an area rug, while making standing at the counter a bit easier.
- K-Marble Foot Anti-Fatigue Mat, $126: In a sea full of black gel floor mats, this faux marble one stands out. It would be a better fit in an all-white kitchen, but if you’re not loving any of these designs, simply find a small, thin area rug to put over the top.
Published: Aug 6, 2014