We here at Kitchn believe that the very best gifts are of the edible sort, so today we're sharing all our favorites — and we mean all! There are soft gingerbread cookies to send in the mail and rosé gummies to share with your BFF. New moms will be thankful for a big jar of DIY instant mac and cheese, and anyone would be happy to find some vanilla-scented nut clusters under the tree.
Cookies & Bars
If you're planning on mailing sweet treats this holiday season, bar cookies and sturdy biscotti travel well and hold up beautifully.
- Gingerbread Cake Cookies
- Homemade Biscotti
- Peppermint Cream Squares
- Irish Shortbread Toffee Bars
- Coconut Snowballs
The gift of something sweet has a special way of bringing a smile to anyone's face.
- Failproof Chocolate Truffles: The Easiest, Simplest Method
- How To Make Date Caramels
- How To Make Rosé Gummies
- Classic Southern Pralines
- Soft & Chewy Caramel Candies
- Chocolate-Almond Toffee
- Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Toffee Matzo Candy
Brittle and Chocolate Bark
Whether it's topped with chopped peppermint candies, pretty rose petals, or cookie pieces, chocolate bark is easy to make and the most excellent gift for any chocolate-lover in your life.
- Salted Pistachio Brittle
- Holiday Nut & Fruit Brittle
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Bark
- How To Make Peppermint Bark
- Dark Chocolate Bark with Pistachios, Rose Petals & Walnuts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bark
Other Sweet Treats
Packaged up in a nice jar with pretty ribbon, flavored sugars and sauces make a wonderful hostess gift. They're also easy to make in big batches.
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Sprinkle Mix
- Citrus Sugar
- Dairy-Free Nutella
- Peppermint Hot Fudge Sauce
- Maple Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Toasted Coconut Sugar
- Instant Pot Vanilla Extract
Nuts and Popcorn
You can't go wrong with the gift of snacks, whether you go savory, sweet, or a combo of both. Nuts and popcorn are also a great choice when your list of gift recipients runs long.
- Slow Cooker Spiced Nuts: The Essential Method
- Vanilla Cashew Clusters
- Roasted Almonds with Orange and Paprika
- Chez Panisse Herbed Almonds
- Chicago-Style Popcorn
- Smoky Candied Popcorn
Granola is one of my favorite foods to gift. There are so many different variations out there that I know I can find one that's just right for everyone on my list.
Other Savory Gifts
For anyone who's not really into sweets, these thoughtful items are simple yet fun and creative.
- Harvest Crackers with Cranberries, Pecans & Rosemary
- Flavored Salts
- Instant Mac and Cheese Mix in a Mason Jar
Infusions, Cocktail Mixers, and Other Drinks
Surprise your cocktail-enthusiast friend with a fun homemade twist for her bar cart.
- Fruit-Flavored Vodkas
- Homemade Cocktail Mixers
- Fruit Shrub Syrup
- Fruit-Infused Vinegars
- Boozy Cherries
- Best Chai Tea Mix
Your turn — what are your favorite homemade and edible holiday gifts?