This week we've been sharing our January Soup Swap — the first Gathering from The Kitchn of 2015. A soup swap is a very practical sort of party, bringing friends old and new together to share soup. A soup swap does, though, take a bit of coordination and explanation, and we found that having name tags, soup labels, and a few other printed pieces was really helpful.
We designed a set of printables and they're free to you. National Soup Swap Day is coming up on January 25, and if you want to host your own swap, here's everything you need!
What's a Soup Swap?
Here are our other posts on soup swaps, how to throw one, and how our own party went!
- What's a Soup Swap? The Party Plan & Menu
- Soup Swap 101: How To Throw a Soup Swap
- Here's How We Hosted a January Soup Swap
Free Downloadable Printables for a Soup Swap
Here are four printable pieces for your own soup swap. We've designed them to be printed on home inkjet or laserjet printers. Download and print on the specified Avery labels or stock.
Invitation Postcard for a Soup Swap
Sure, you can invite people through Facebook or email, but a real paper card in the mail is such a treat! This postcard template is editable so you can type in your details.
- Download Invitation Postcard - Front
- Download Invitation Postcard - Back — This file is editable so you can type in your address and other details, plus the address.
- Print On: Avery 8387 Postcards
Name Tags for a Soup Swap
One of the best things about a soup swap is that it's easy to invite people from all parts of your life — people who don't know each other yet, but who you know would probably like each other. We found it helped to have name tags for this kind of group!
- Download Soup Swap Name Tags - These are also good for labeling soup containers!
- Print On: Avery 22814 Oval Labels
Soup Swap Table Tents
Use these to label the soups and soup tasters, especially if people don't bring labeled jars or bags.
Soup Swap Cards
These cards let people sign up for the soup they want to claim. The soup's chef should fill out the top part with the name of the soup and their own name, and then as people taste through the soups they can stake their claim on the soup swap card.