Did you watch the highly anticipated Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life last week? I, for one, am thrilled with the revival; it manages to hold on to the nostalgia of the show while staying current (the sign in Luke's Diner now says "No Man Buns").
And while the mini-series does end with one big cliffhanger, I'm not here to talk about that. No, I've got a whole other list of (food-related) questions that need answers ASAP.
Here are all my burning questions, separated by episode. If you haven't watched yet, there might be some spoilers; read at your own risk.
1. A nativity scene with eggplant Jesus? I'm gonna need to see that.
2. Has anyone ever put tater tots in tacos?
3. How can Rory and Lorelai drink coffee in the middle of the night?
4. Do people Instagram their plates of eggs at Luke's?
5. Did Luke add anything new to the menu (besides Rory's New Yorker piece)?
6. Like maybe that fudgy banana milkshake?
7. Who is inviting all these celebrity chefs to The Dragonfly Inn? Michel?
8. How did Sookie end up at Blue Hill Farm with Dan Barber? Was she inspired after watching that episode of Chef's Table?
9. When was the last time Kirk changed the filter on that water pitcher?
10. Why did Michel's husband order three pancakes on three separate plates at Luke's?
11. Did Kirk make that glögg himself? Did he use our recipe?
12. Who drinks a $300 bottle of wine at lunch?
13. Where can I get a bag of profiteroles?
14. What exactly does a vegetable cult entail?
15. How does Paul Anka (the dog) like his hanger steak cooked?
16. Why don't they have salad bars at therapists' offices?
17. What kind of sammies did Rachel Ray make?
18. Who would eat a hot dog at 7:30 a.m.?
19. Cro-dough-cake? C'mon!
20. Am I the only one who didn't know George Clooney is behind a tequila company?
21. Who are these obnoxious New Yorkers asking if the Dragonfly uses Pat LaFrieda meat in its burgers?
22. Why do Rory and Lorelai bother to put their Pop-Tarts on a plate? Aren't Pop-Tarts more of a grab-and-go item?
23. What is in those Berta puffs?
24. What's with all the daytime Scotch? Is this Mad Men?
25. Do Ina Garten and Sandra Lee actually talk to each other?
26. What is the point of eating one-fourth of a bagel?
27. Does Trader Joe's really sell three boxes of Franzia for $10?
28. How did Rory, Logan, and Logan's crew get into Doose's after hours?
29. How do you not spill a martini while riding on the back of a moving car?
30. Can you really be "coffee" in a former life?
31. Why don't more people have open hot dog carts at their weddings?
32. Did Emily just pick up a half-eaten cookie at her DAR meeting?
33. Why would cops ask you if you had pineapple juice?
34. Where can I get the recipe for Sookie's fat-free magic granola?
35. Emily heats her own soup?
Bonus question: Are we supposed to pretend that we don't know that Rose Abdoo, the same actress who plays Gypsy, also plays Emily's cook and maid, Berta?