25 Hearty Sandwiches to Make for Dinner
Somewhere along the line, the sandwich got defined as lunch food. That’s a shame, because if you stuff good bread with enough hearty, flavorful things, a dinner sandwich can be the best meal of all. Maybe it’s something as simple and satisfying as a grilled cheese stuffed with juicy slices of tomato, a hot and indulgent French dip, or a cold sandwich piled high with deli meats and cheeses.
We rounded up our 25 most favorite sandwiches that fit the bill for the evening meal — utensils not required, but you may definitely need a napkin or two.
Stuff beef, pork, turkey, or chicken between two slices of bread, and whether it’s a hot or cold sandwich, you know that you’ve got a hearty meal in your hands.
- Apple, Cheddar, and Chicken Melts
- Ranch Chicken Wraps
- How To Make Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Weeknight Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
- Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- Roasted Red Pepper, Chicken & Mozzarella Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
Fish and Shrimp Sandwiches
Fish fillets, canned tuna, and shrimp like to play the sandwich game, too, and they do it exceptionally well.
Vegetarian and Vegan Sandwiches
Or, if you’d prefer to keep things meat-free, there are plenty of options that satisfy. Keep the cheese in the situation to please the vegetarians or cut it to make it vegan-friendly.
- Garlicky Broccoli Subs
- How To Make the Best Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Mozzacado Sandwich
- Pesto and Egg Baguette Sandwich
- Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu
- Vegan Sourdough Portobello Mushroom Sandwich
- Boiled Egg, Seared Asparagus & Pickled Onion Sandwich
- Cheesy Vegetable Melts
- Apple, Brie, and Dijon Baguette Sandwich
- Summer Vegetables Sub Sandwich with Garlic Cream Cheese
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.