The long, glorious breakfasts of Sunday mornings are something to look forward to, but on weekdays I'm looking for something super nourishing and satisfying. I want something that doesn't require me to get up 30 minutes earlier (not happening!). Major bonus points if it can be made ahead, just waiting for me when I roll into the kitchen.
Guess what? All that is possible — especially when you're looking for vegetarian options. From egg and veggie pitas and meal-worthy smoothies, to wholesome breakfast cookies and a Southwest-inspired quinoa bowl, here are 33 fuss-free vegetarian breakfast recipes to inspire you.
Eggs for Breakfast
Consider protein-rich eggs one of the easiest ways to win breakfast. Not only will they fill you up, but most of these options also have great make-ahead potential.
- How To Make Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- 3-Cheese Frittata Cups
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Herbed Egg Whites & Feta on English Muffins
- The Wrapped Breakfast Quesadilla
- Avocado and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Single-Serve Microwave Shakshuka
Breakfasts Made for Sipping
There are smoothies made for snacking, and then there are those that feel more like a meal; these are definitely the latter. Packed with protein and wholesome ingredients, these breakfast drinks whip up quickly and easily, and help keep you full.
- Raspberry Ginger Power Smoothies
- Lemony Yogurt Smoothie
- Super-Power Morning Smoothie
- Raspberry and Almond Butter Smoothie
- Banana Bread Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Lassi
- Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
- Banana-Date Smoothie
Baked Breakfasts and Toast
If you prefer something on the sweeter side in the morning, there is certainly no shortage of easy go-to recipes to keep in your rotation. These breakfasts come together with no fuss and have make-ahead potential.
- Honey-Yogurt Avocado Toast
- Almond-Fig Breakfast Quick Bread
- 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Olive Oil Carrot Muffins
- How To Make Tender Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Spiced Carrot Oat Breakfast Cookies
- Baked Apple-Oat Breakfast Squares
- Zucchini Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Whether you make them the night before or whip them up in the morning, breakfast bowls are a totally satisfying and easy way to start the day.