30 Romantic Dinners to Make at Home for Valentine’s Day
Everyone knows that staying home on Valentine’s Day is a much better option than eating out, right? A romantic meal at home has so many advantages over a noisy, overpriced, overcrowded restaurant. If you’re not convinced, then here are 30 recipes for your romantic consideration. And they don’t have to be complicated. One-pot shrimp scampi is delicious and simple, although if putting some time in at the stove is your jam, try steak with drunken mushrooms & roasted blue cheese potatoes.
Quick but Fancy Pastas
Pasta is a great Valentine’s dinner choice. It can be made really fancy, as it takes well to things like seafood and truffles, and it can come together really fast, which leaves you more time for … cuddling.
- Orecchiette with Caramelized Fennel and Spicy Sausage
- Lemon Caper Pasta
- Caramelized Figs and Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter & Crispy Prosciutto
- Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
- One-Pot Shrimp Scampi
- Brown Butter Parmesan Pasta
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Triple Lemon Fettucine Alfredo
- Creamy Asparagus and Shrimp Pasta
- Ruth Reichl’s Savory Sweet Pasta for Michael
Seafood is a favorite choice for Valentine’s Day because it can be a little spendy and not usually served for everyday meals. Plus, it tastes delicious and brings to mind warm, sandy beaches in the middle of February.
- Ottolenghi’s Bridget Jones’s Pan-Fried Salmon with Pine Nut Salsa
- Garlic Basil Shrimp Farrotto
- Stir-Fried Chile-Lemon Shrimp and Rice Noodles
- Nobu’s Miso-Marinated Black Cod
- Crab Cakes with Easy Rémoulade
- Donal Skehan’s Mussels in Irish Cider
- Crack, Slurp, Repeat: How To Shuck an Oyster
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Sustainable Seafood Stew
- Ludo Lefebvre’s Squid Pad Thai
Classic Fancy Foods
Sometime it’s best to stick with classic dishes on Valentine’s Day. You know, when you bring out the fancy ingredients or spend the whole day in the kitchen as proof of your love and devotion.
- Flank Steak with Bourbon Cream Sauce
- Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
- How To Cook Perfect Steak in the Oven
- Mushroom and Leek Risotto
- How To Roast a Leg of Lamb: The Simplest, Easiest Method
- Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Dinner Recipe for Two: Duck Breast with Pomegranate-Citrus Glaze
- Onion and Mushroom Tart
- Steak with Drunken Mushrooms & Roasted Blue Cheese Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamy French Mustard Chicken
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.