30 Cookies, Cakes, and Baked Treats from the Oven
Oh sweets and treats — as healthy as we’d like to be, sweets still end up being the most popular recipes around here! (Last January and February, during our Light Eating theme, do you know what the most popular recipes were? Oreo cake, cake pops, and birthday cake.) Well, we do love our baked treats, and so here’s a look back at 30 favorites from 2009. My personal favorite is currently the recipe for brown butter rosemary walnut cookies, although the Chez Panisse gingersnaps are still dear to my heart, as is oatmeal cake with broiled topping. Toffee cakelets are up next! Read on to browse through these sweet recipes and more.
Photos above have captions with links to the pictured recipes.
Cookies and Bars
• Sour Cream-Raisin Bars
• Pineapple Macadamia Upside-Down Bars
• Mexican Spiced Wedding Cookies
• No-Flour, No-Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
• Benne Wafers
• Brown Sugar Cookies with a Touch of Whole Wheat
• Husband Winning Peanut Butter Cookies
• Carrot Cakey Cookies
• Rosemary-Walnut Brown Butter Cookies
• Chez Panisse Gingersnaps
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)