Celebrating Valentine's Day over breakfast can be a special thing. Even if you're getting the kids ready for school or heading out at dawn for an early work meeting, a special breakfast can still happen. You can make it even more special if lingering is possible!
So instead of going out to dinner, start with a rosé Champagne cocktail and whip up something special like a roasted radish and herbed ricotta omelet. Or maybe it's just a really gorgeous piece of avocado toast. The point is to make a little fuss over breakfast. It's a charming way to sweeten your day.
Even under normal circumstances, making someone else make the first cup of coffee or tea in the morning is a moment in heaven. For Valentine's Day, it's de rigueur, so get that water boiling first thing.
- The Newbie Guide to Brewing a Better Cup of Coffee
- How To Brew Black Tea
- How To Make Hot Chocolate
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate (perfect if you're celebrating over weekend brunch)
- How To Make Hot Cocoa
- VS Mocha Café
The Sparkling Beverage
If it isn't a work day, then serving a sparkling wine or Champagne-based cocktail is a great way to say that this isn't your usual breakfast.
- Raspberry Sorbet & Elderflower Sparklers
- Hibiscus Mimosa
- 6 Essentials for the Perfect Mimosa
- Grapefruit Mimosas
- Rosé Champagne Cocktail
- From Russia with Love
The Sparkling Mocktail
And, of course, sometimes it is a work day or alcohol just isn't in the cards. You can still whip up something sparkling and special.
The Main Dish
In general, Valentine's Day breakfast fare usually isn't a green smoothie in a to-go cup. We tend to fuss a little more — okay, a lot more — when we're professing our love for someone. Here are some guidelines for things like French toast and cinnamon buns, as well as decadent eggs and delicious fruit combinations.
- From Waffles to French Toast: 6 Classic Breakfast Recipes to Know by Heart
- How To Make a Dutch Baby Pancake
- Roasted Radish and Herbed Ricotta Omelet
- How To Make Soft, Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- How To Bake Eggs in the Oven (Eggs en Cocotte)
- Rainbow Fruit Salad
- How To Make a Hearty Breakfast Fruit Salad
- 11 Easy Ways to Fancy Up Your Avocado Toast
Even though it's breakfast, you have to sneak in a little something sweet at the end.