You've been told time and time again that slow cookers help get weeknight dinner on the table without fuss. But you'll soon discover that many recipes take far less than the average eight-hour workday to cook. We know you're not running home on your lunch break to check on dinner, so we rounded up all our slow cooker recipes that do actually take eight or more hours to cook. From soup to pasta to pot roast, these 25 recipes are designed to fit your busy life.
Better than Takeout
Toss a slew of ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning before you run out the door and know that you won't have to resort to calling in for takeout when you get home. These takeout favorites taste 100 percent better when they are homemade.
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chickpea Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 10-Hour Slow Cooker Chana Masala
- Slow Cooker Coconut and Green Curry Pork
Eat with Your Hands
After a tiring day at the office, even pulling out a knife and fork can feel like a challenge. Luckily, these recipes don't require either. All you need is your own two hands and, most likely, a couple of napkins.
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Brisket Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- How To Make Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
- Slow Cooked Hoisin and Ginger Pork Wraps with Peanut Slaw
Soups and Stews
Steamy soups and stews are perfect weeknight picks — especially when they're packed with a whole bunch of veggies and protein so you don't need much else to call them dinner.
- Slow Cooker Minestrone
- Slow Cooker Ham Bone Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- How To Make French Onion Soup in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
- Slow-Cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
- Cheesy Panade with Swiss Chard, Beans & Sausage
A hearty pot roast or rich Bolognese sauce may seem like weekend fare, but both become weeknight-friendly when you lean on your slow cooker. That means you can have all that comfort of a Sunday dinner on a crazed Wednesday night.