I firmly believe a good Fourth of July gathering is as much about the burgers and hot dogs as it is about the vast array of side dishes. A great pasta or potato salad, coleslaw, and a few extra things tossed on the grill all turn the party into a full-blown celebration. While you very well may already have your standard sides in order, this year bring a few new things to the spread. Here are 25 of our most favorite recipes from the archives.
Pasta, Potato & Grain Salads
Whether it's a classic macaroni salad, a creamy potato salad, or a hearty grain salad, these sides are always a must at a great Fourth celebration.
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Feta & Eggplant Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken & Macaroni Salad
- Tomato & Mozzarella Potato Salad with Lemon-Buttermilk Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Potato Salad
- Cheezy Potato Salad
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
- 3-Bean Israeli Couscous Salad
- Summer Farro Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers & Basil
Vegetable Salads & Slaws
Bring some veggies to the party in the form of crisp, crunchy salads and slaws. Most of these are no-cook, which is always a plus in the hot summer months.
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Succotash Salad
- The Easiest Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Napa Cabbage & Kale Coleslaw with Creamy Miso-Ginger Dressing
- How To Make Classic Creamy Coleslaw
Sides from the Grill
If the grill is already on, you might as well toss a few more crowd-pleasing things on the grates to round out the meal.
- Balsamic Glazed Veggie Kebabs
- Cheesy Grilled Potato Packets
- Garlicky Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Bread
- How To Grill Watermelon
- Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing
- How To Grill the Best Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Okra with Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Zucchini Boats with Beef & Cheddar