If you have a carton of leftover cream in your fridge and are wondering what to do with it, you are in luck. There is always whipped cream, of course, but there are so many other wonderful ways to use up cream, whether you have a spoonful or more than a cup. From tender cream biscuits and lush scrambled eggs, to rich chocolate ganache and creamy tomato soup, here are 20 delicious ways to use up leftover cream.
All The Types of Cream Decoded
Whether you have a container labeled heavy cream, whipping cream, or simply cream, you can use any of the recipes below, unless otherwise noted.
Eggs, Biscuits, and Breakfast Treats
Bring that leftover cream to the breakfast table. Just a spoonful is all it takes to make the most lush and tender scrambled eggs, or give your bowl of oats a hint of richness. A splash of cream is also my favorite way to top off my mug of coffee.
- Fast and Fancy Lemon Biscuits
- How to Make a Foolproof Quiche
- How To Make Slow-Cooked Scrambled Eggs
- Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- How To Make Cream Biscuits
- Slow Cooker Creamy Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Blueberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bake
- Country Ham & Onion Quiche Baked in a Sheet Pan
- How to Make Frozen French Toast Sticks
From sauces and soups, to pastas and casseroles, use that leftover cream to make tonight's dinner even more delicious.
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Skillet Creamy French Mustard Chicken
- Flank Steak with Bourbon Cream Sauce
- How To Make Creamy Tomato Soup
- Creamy Zucchini Fettuccine
- Chicken and Biscuit Casserole
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- How to Make Classic Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Desserts and Drinks
Of course, you can always get out a whisk and whip whatever cream you have remaining into a lush and pillowy dessert topping, but that's really just the tip of the iceberg. Cream is the starting point for simple yet decadent pots de crème, panna cotta, and ganache.