Every year the impending arrival of the Super Bowl incites a parallel culinary sport: churning out lighter takes on wings, healthier spins on classic dips, and "fresh" appetizer ideas beginning (but not ending) with kale chips.
But you know what? Just like Thanksgiving, there's no call to go off-script with the Super Bowl. Just like you want marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes, I want seven-layer dip and hot wings. It's the one Sunday I dispense with the hummus and bask in the glory showered upon the cook who brings bacon-wrapped potato bites. This too can be yours. Here's your guide to the food everyone really wants to eat on the biggest sports day of the year.
Hot bites straight out of the oven. A lot of these can be prepped ahead and baked at halftime.
- Lemon Pepper Oven-Baked Wings
- How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wings in the Oven
- Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- Baked Bacon & Cheddar Jalapeño Poppers
- Jalapeño Popper Potato Skins
- Grown-Up Prosciutto & Cheddar Hot Pockets
From homemade jerky to soft pretzels, these are the things that always seem to go first.
- How To Make Soft Pretzels
- Chorizo Nachos with White Queso Sauce
- Beer-Battered Onion Rings
- Homemade Jerky in the Oven
- How To Make Pull-Apart Cheese Bread
What's a party without an awesome dip? We've got the classics and the wildcards covered in this lineup.
- White Chicken Chili Skillet Dip
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip with Homemade Chips
- Beer & Cheddar Dip
- Creamy Crawfish Dip
- Cheesy Baked Black-Eyed Pea Dip
Need a bit more than a snack? These recipes are a little more filling.
- Touchdown Taco Casserole
- Chili with Pasta and Cheddar
- Chicken, Ham & Cheddar Roll-Ups
- Spicy Chicken Flautas with Lime Sour Cream
- How to Make the Best Cheesy Quesadillas
Because one cannot live on bacon alone.
- Toasted Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate & Nutella Puppy Chow
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Churros Balls With Warm Chocolate Dipping Sauce
What are you serving at your Super Bowl party this year?