We know that the transition from summer to fall can be rough. Gone are the long days, trips to the beach or pool, and perfectly ripe heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market. But there are some pretty great things about fall as well — pumpkin, for example, not to mention all the apples and hearty greens that start showing up at the market. To help make the seasonal transition a little easier, here are 25 of our favorite recipes that will get you excited about cooler temperatures.
The arrival of fall has a special way of making breakfast a whole lot cozier. Ring in the new season with spiced muffins filled with pears or pumpkin, an apple-studded breakfast casserole, or totally irresistible sweet potato pancakes.
- Spiced Pear Muffins
- Glazed Apple Fritters
- How To Make Applesauce in the Slow Cooker
- Apple Pie Granola Bars
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- How To Make Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
Hearty Fall Salads
It's time to swap your light summer salads for something a little heartier. Ingredients like nutty grains, roasted squash, apples, and pears will certainly do the trick.
- Fall Harvest Freekeh Salad
- Warm Farro Salad with Roasted Squash, Persimmons & Pecans
- Schnitzel and Pear Salad with Wheat Beer Vinaigrette
Soups, Stews, and Chilis
The chill in the air will be here soon enough, which means you'll need a solid roster of soups, stews, and chilis to warm you up at dinner.
- Bean, Bacon, and Butternut Squash Soup with Swiss Chard
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chowder
- Rustic Leek and Potato Soup
- Roasted Fall Vegetable Soup
- Pumpkin Chili
- Chunky Pork and Apple Stew
Must-Make Fall Dinners
Add cozy, comforting dinners like sweet potato casserole, squash curry, and ultra-tender chicken in milk in your early fall meal plan and you won't regret it.
- Fettuccine with Roasted Butternut Squash, Brown Butter & Sage
- Slow-Cooker Chicken in Milk
- Butternut Squash in Fresh Green Curry
- Gnocchi Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, Greens & Goat Cheese
- Smoky Sweet Potato & Black Bean Casserole
Essential Fall Desserts
The very best part of fall is, of course, fall baking. It's the season for all things pumpkin, apple crisps, galettes, and cakes scented with warm spices.