25 Favorite Quick and Easy Weeknight Meals
This year we ran our Quick Weeknight Meals contest for the very first time, and it was a hit! We’ve made many recipes from your submissions, and we were so inspired by your quick and creative meal ideas. Here’s a look back at some fast weeknight meals from the contest and from our writers’ own kitchens. You’ll find polenta with eggs and mushrooms, flat iron steak with salsa verde, bean burritos, and one-bowl mac and cheese — plus much, much more.
Posts pictured above have captions linking them to the recipe.
Did you discover any good, quick meals in 2009 — here or elsewhere? What’s your go-to weeknight meal these days?
Meat & Fish
• Helen’s Pork Chops with Savory Blueberry Sauce
• Simple Rosemary-Rubbed Pork Chops
• Kitty’s Bocconcino and Sausage Pasta
• Phoebe’s Scallops with Tomatillo Guacamole & Corn Salsa
• Elissa’s Salmon in Parchment with Curried Yogurt Sauce
• Kevin’s Spicy Orange Teriyaki Chicken and Shrimp
• Susan’s Dry Rubbed Steak & Shrimp with Watermelon Salad
• Flat Iron Steak with Salsa Verde
• Joyce’s Drunken Noodle Salad
• Jessie’s Prosciutto and Basil Wrapped Chicken Fingers
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)