We can think of few things better than walking through the door after a long day and knowing that a home-cooked meal awaits us. And since we don't have our own personal live-in chefs, we rely on our slow cookers to help us out.
These comforting recipes take just a little bit of prep work in the morning or the night before, and then the slow cooker does the heavy lifting. Your future self will thank you.
All-Day Slow Cooker Soups
When you need a comforting recipe that can cook all day long in the slow cooker, soup is always a great place to start.
- Slow Cooker Golden Chickpea Soup
- Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Slow-Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow-Cooker Ham Bone Soup
Slow Cooker Stews and Chili
Get a batch of stew or chili going in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, and not only does it mean you'll come home to dinner, but the house will smell amazing when you open the door.
- Slow Cooker Beef and Kabocha Squash Stew by Giada De Laurentiis
- Slow-Cooker Beef and Barley Stew
- Slow-Cooker Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
- How To Cook Simple & Tasty Slow Cooker Chili
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
- Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
Hearty Meat-Filled Slow Cooker Suppers
The slow cooker is often where I turn for totally satisfying meaty meals during the week. I do a little upfront prep, and it does all the heavy lifting.
- Slow-Cooker Korean Short Ribs
- Sweet and Tangy Slow Cooker Brisket
- Slow-Cooked Brisket and Onions
- Slow-Cooker Peppered Beef Shank in Red Wine
- Slow-Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- How To Cook a Whole Chicken in Coconut Milk in the Slow Cooker
Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Meals
Some foods, like chicken, only need a few hours in the slow cooker. It can be tricky to pull these off during the week, but since they can be made in advance, I cook these dinners during my Sunday meal prep, instead. Then all that's left to do is reheat dinner after I get home.