When busy weeks are on the horizon, the very best thing you can do for yourself is to work a slow cooker dinner or two into your meal plan. This lineup of weeknight favorites calls for minimal upfront prep in the morning or the night before, then leans hard on the slow cooker to do the heavy lifting. Your future self will thank you.
Meaty Meals That Cook All Day
Tough cuts of beef and pork, meatballs, and even some chicken recipes really benefit from a low, slow simmer all day in the slow cooker. You'll need to do a little upfront prep, then the slow cooker manages the rest while you're at work.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parm Meatballs
- How To Make Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
- Sweet and Tangy Slow Cooker Brisket
- Slow-Cooked Brisket and Onions
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Meals
Some foods, like chicken breast, only need a few hours in the slow cooker. It can be tricky to pull these off during the week, but since they can be made in advance, I cook these dinners during my Sunday meal prep instead. Then all that's left to do is reheat dinner after I get home.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken
- How To Make Slow Cooker Veggie Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ragù
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- How To Make Easy Shredded Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- How To Make Slow Cooker Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
All-Day Slow Cooker Soups
When you need a comforting recipe that can cook all day long in the slow cooker, soup is always a great place to start.
- Easy Slow Cooker Bean Soup
- Gingery Tofu Slow Cooker Soup
- Slow Cooker Golden Chickpea Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
Slow Cooker Stews and Chili
Get a batch of stew or chili going in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, and not only does it mean you'll come home to dinner, but also the house will smell amazing when you open the door.