It can be confusing and intimidating when you or a loved one starts a restricted diet of any kind. How do you go about preparing meals that fit within the restrictions, but are still satisfying and tasty? This year we tackled many questions about special diets, including the best gluten-free travel meals, diabetes-friendly desserts, good vegan meals that don't rely on meat substitutes, and 20 more, with tons of helpful advice from our readers.
• 1 Can You Suggest Some Gluten-Free One-Dish Meals?
• 2 Recipe Suggestions for Oat-Free & Gluten-Free Granola?
• 3 Help Me Plan Gluten-Free Meals to Pack for a Bus Trip
• 4 Ideas for a Gluten-Free Wedding Cake?
• 5 Suggestions for Satisfying & Portable Gluten-Free Lunches?
• 6 Recommendations for Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Party Appetizers?
VEGAN & VEGETARIAN
• 10 Help Me Find Good Vegan Recipes That Don't Rely on Meat Substitutes
• 11 Can You Suggest Some Festive Vegan Dinner Party Recipes?
• 12 Can You Suggest Vegan-Friendly Recipes for a Vacation Dinner for a Crowd?
• 13 Vegetarian Meals That Freeze Well?
LOW CARB & DIABETES-FRIENDLY
• 14 Recipe Ideas for a Restricted Diet of Proteins & Vegetables?
• 15 Recommendations for a Good Low-Carb Diet Cookbook?
• 16 Help! I Need Advice on Making Cookies for Diabetics
• 17 Ideas for Diabetic-Friendly Meals for the Whole Family?
• 18 Ideas for Simple Diabetic-Friendly Desserts for a Baby Shower?
• 19 Can You Recommend Diabetic-Friendly Cookbooks Aimed at Non-Diabetic Cooks?
OTHER SPECIAL DIETS
• 20 What Are Some Good Freezer Foods for a Chemo Patient?
• 21 Can You Recommend Filling, Nutritious Snacks for a Breastfeeding Mom?
• 22 Tips for Eating Well on an Elimination Diet?
• 23 Help! I'm Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out. What Can I Eat?
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)