Caesar salad is a reliable classic, but we can't help messing with this near-perfect combination. Do a quick search on Pinterest and the amount of recipes that knock the standard version from its throne are astounding. (In fact, we rounded up the 10 most popular versions of Caesar salad on the internet simply in the name of research.) Between our Caesar pizzas and white bean burgers, we're also to blame — consider us (and Pinterest) the Brutus of the group.
Here are 23 times Pinterest stabbed the classic Caesar salad in the back in the name of delicious, delicious change.
Whether it's wrapped up, sandwiched between two slices of bread, or placed on a burger bun, Caesar salad got the knife and fork pulled out right under it.
1. Salmon and Kale Caesar Wraps: A new way to eat a Caesar wrap that ditches the chicken in favor of canned salmon.
2. Chicken Caesar Burger with Parmesan Crisps from Climbing Grier Mountain: The extra-crunchy, salty Parmesan crisp is what makes this burger stand out.
3. Caesar White Bean Burgers: This is a veggie burger you actually want to eat.
4. Spicy & Crispy Chicken Caesar Club from The Cozy Apron: It involves fried chicken and bacon.
Everything is better in pizza form, right?
5. Chicken Caesar Pizza: Gooey mozzarella cheese meets creamy Caesar dressing.
6. Kale Caesar Salad Pizza on Parmesan Crust from How Sweet It Is: A salad on pizza is two meals in one.
7. Caesar Salmon Pizza from Better Homes & Gardens: Smoked salmon meets Caesar meets pizza.
Turn Caesar into the main attraction by getting pasta involved.
8. Potato Pasta Caesar Salad from Tablespoon: Potato and pasta salad collide headfirst with Caesar.
9. Chicken Caesar Pasta Bake from Recipe Runner: This is Caesar salad in casserole form.
10. Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad from Spicy Southern Kitchen: Arguably a better addition to that potluck.
11. Grilled Chicken Caesar Mac from Food Network: Yes, Caesar + macaroni and cheese.
Edible bowls, noodle bowls, grain bowls, oh my.
12. Caesar Shrimp and Avocado Bowls: How to Caesar-ify the Asian noodle bowl.
13. Bite-Sized Mexican Caesar Taco Bowls from Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Two-bite Caesar salad bowls!
14. Caesar Salad Wonton Cups from RecipeTin Eats: But maybe extra-crunchy bowls made from wontons are even better.
15. Kale Caesar Quinoa Salad with Roasted Chicken from MyRecipes: A fun twist on a good ol' grain bowl.
Around the World
Caesar jumped on a plane and did a little self-exploration.
16. Southwestern Kale Chickpea Salad with Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing from Sweet Peas and Saffron: Ditch the croutons in favor of crispy tortilla strips.
17. Sriracha Shrimp Caesar Salad from Running to the Kitchen: Everyone wants in on the Sriracha game, including Caesar.
18. Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad from Life Made Sweeter: A little tropical and a little Asian all at once.
19. Wasabi Caesar Salad from The Bojon Gourmet: Wasabi and tamari paste jump into the Caesar dressing bowl.
Turned Upside Down
The classic elements remain, but things just got a little crazy.
20. Caesar Salad Spears from Food & Wine: Caesar in finger-food form —aka the classiest way to eat Caesar salad.
21. Whole Roast Chicken Caesar Salad: Cook your Caesar salad — lettuce and all.
22. Caesar Salad on a Stick from NoBiggie: That perfect bite, all on one stick.
23. Ramp and Spinach Caesar Salad with Poached Eggs from Brooklyn Supper: Ramp-infused Caesar dressing is all you need to know.