21 Side Dishes to Serve Alongside a Christmas Ham
Planning on making a classic ham for your Christmas dinner this year? great choice — it’s one of our top picks for a holiday meal. This large, savory cut of meat is ideal for a crowd and easy to make, whether you opt for the oven or your slow cooker (just don’t forget the glaze!).
With ham in hand, it’s time for the side dishes. Each of these will work beautifully with a ham; we are especially partial to those like kohlrabi, cabbage, or Brussels sprouts that add a funky or vegetable-forward complement to the sweet, rich ham.
First, Make Your Ham
A good honey-roasted ham is such an easy main dish for a holiday dinner, as it’s big, generous, and requires almost no cooking from you. Here are our two favorite methods for making one.
- How To Roast Any Vegetable
- Garlic & Sour Cream Mashed Cauliflower
- Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts
- How To Make Roasted Broccoli
- How To Make Glazed Carrots
- How To Cook Green Beans
- Ina Garten’s Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Sweet and Spicy Braised Cabbage
- How To Stir-Fry Spinach with Garlic
- Roasted Radishes Are the Vegetable That’s Missing from Your Life
- Kohlrabi and Cabbage Salad with Maple Lemon Dressing