Planning on making a classic Christmas ham this year? Here are 21 side dishes that go great with ham, including sweet and spicy braised cabbage and scalloped potatoes.
First, Make Your Ham
A good honey-roasted ham is such an easy main dish for a holiday dinner, as it's big, generous, and requires almost no cooking from you. Here are our two favorite methods for making one.
With ham in hand, it's time for the side dishes. Each of these will work beautifully with a ham; we are especially partial to those like kohlrabi, cabbage, or Brussels sprouts that add a funky or vegetable-forward complement to the sweet, rich ham.
- How To Roast Any Vegetable
- Garlic & Sour Cream Mashed Cauliflower
- Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts
- How To Make Roasted Broccoli
- How To Make Glazed Carrots
- How To Cook Green Beans
- Ina Garten's Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Sweet and Spicy Braised Cabbage
- How To Stir-Fry Spinach with Garlic
- Roasted Radishes Are the Vegetable That's Missing from Your Life
- Kohlrabi and Cabbage Salad with Maple Lemon Dressing
- How To Make Hasselback Potatoes
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs
- How To Make Scalloped Potatoes
- Bryant Terry's Fresh Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin