A year ago this week we had our food predictions for 2009 (how did we do, in hindsight?) as well as what to do with leftover citrus peels, recipes for yummy and lighter things like turkey meatballs over greens, and a whole roundup of bright orange kitchens. Read on for these posts and more from this time last year.
Posts in bold are pictured above, left to right and top to bottom.
• Major food crush: Quince.
• Yummy cooking: a roundup of vegan and vegetarian recipes from 2008, fennel braised in Pernod, proper chicken giblet gravy, turkey meatballs over greens, sumac-dusted oven fries, and how to finish chicken breasts in the oven.
• Are you dreaming of your kitchen garden yet?
• A bowl to slow down your greedy pup.
• What's the difference between half-and-half, light cream, heavy cream, and whipping cream?
• Do you know what labneh is?
• A pumpkin casserole!
• Another dinner party under $100.
• Things to do with leftover citrus peels.
• How to peel many different sorts of foods.
• Cravings: Overnight yeasted waffles
• Decorate the table with things from your yard.
• All about icebox cookies.
• Menus for meat-lovers and vegetarians.
• How to stock a vegetarian or vegan pantry.