Everyone tells you to eat more vegetables, but how do you squeeze more into your day? Start at breakfast! If you get a jump-start on your veggie consumption with your morning meal, you're already on your way to a day loaded with the good stuff. Whether you're stuffing an on-the-go breakfast wrap with spinach, scrambling your eggs with peppers and mushrooms, or opting for savory zucchini and carrot pancakes, getting a morning dose of vegetables is easy with a few good ideas. Here are 20 of our best to inspire you.
You get a morning dose of veggies even if you're running out the door if you spend a little time on the weekend prepping one of these breakfast sandwiches or frittatas.
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
Soups, Salads, and Bowls
If you're looking to boost your daily vegetable intake, embracing soups and salads at the breakfast table is an easy way to do it.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Posole
- Breakfast Salad with a Pizza Crust Waffle
- Kale Bistro Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Parmesan Barley Bowl with Roasted Broccoli and a Soft-Boiled Egg
- Fried Eggs & Collard Greens over Polenta
Whether you're tossing peppers and mushrooms into a scramble or baking a cheesy spinach strata, eggs provide the perfect blank canvas for a veggie-packed breakfast.
- How To Make Green Eggs and Ham for Breakfast
- Scrambled Eggs with Lazy Salsa
- Scrambled Eggs With Green Peppers & Mushrooms
- Sweet Potato & Spinach Breakfast Strata
- Ratatouille Breakfast Skillet Strata
- Mixed Mushroom Egg Bakes
The Morning Meal, Without the Egg
If you'd rather skip the egg, you can still load up on veggies in the form of savory pancakes and, of course, avocado toast.