20 Ways to Eat Fall Vegetables for Dinner
October blew in the door last night, and here we are, anticipating the bounty of fall vegetables: Sweet potatoes, pumpkins, beets, chard, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli. Our favorite way to indulge in these vegetables involves olive oil and a quick roast in the oven. But what if you want to make autumn vegetables play the star? What if you want to push them past their side dish backup role? Here are 20 ideas to put vegetables in the center of your table tonight.
Butternut squash hand pies, and a casserole where sweet cauliflower takes the place of pasta. Grilled wedges of cabbage, a velvety pasta sauce made from broccoli, late-summer zucchini with mozzarella, Thai greens to eat with rice, and a kale soup with chunks of potato. These and more today — a feast of vegetables for the fall table.
CAULIFLOWER & BROCCOLI
• 1 Cauliflower & Chicken Sausage Casserole
• 2 Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Soup with Dill Whipped Cream
• 3 Velvety Broccoli and Feta Pasta
SWEET POTATOES & CARROTS
• 12 Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
• 13 Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots, Parsnips, and Chickpeas
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)