We get it — chicken isn't always the most exciting ingredient, especially when you eat it three times a week. Turning to it as a dinner option can feel more like an obligation than something you eagerly look forward to, but it doesn't have to be that way. Think of perking things up a bit with a spicy chili and cheese stuffed chicken breast or switching over to the more flavorful chicken thigh with a recipe for grilled chicken thighs with chimichurri. Suddenly, chicken isn't so boring anymore.
Quit the breast.
When it comes to chicken, the breast is the most boring cut of all. Try using the thighs instead for a more moist, flavorful bite of chicken.
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel & Lemon
- Braised French Onion Chicken with Gruyére
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri
- Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Balsamic & Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and Figs
- Arnold Palmer Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs
Use just a little bit.
Instead of serving one large piece of chicken, cut or shred it into a complex dish with a lot of other flavors and textures going on for a less chicken-centric experience. It's a good way to stretch that protein a little.
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Upside-Down Chicken Curry Bowl
- Upside-Down BBQ Chicken Bowl
- Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
- Chicken Parm and Pasta Skillet
- White Chicken Chili Skillet Dip
Disguise it with flavor and spice.
Sometimes you have no choice, and chicken it is for dinner tonight. Since chicken is famous for being a blank canvas, blast it with lots of heat and flavor and you just may fall in love with chicken all over again.