It's not a contest, but if you aspire to win Friendsgiving with the best side dish of the night, you're hardly alone. From an everything bagel stuffing to bacon-studded Brussels sprouts to Thanksgiving slaw, this impressive collection of recipes will help you up your game with a side dish that will keep everyone talking.
Slaws and Salad
Bring something totally fresh to the side dish lineup and you will be the hero of Friendsgiving. Trust me — everyone always appreciates something on the healthy-ish side to balance all the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pie.
- Roasted Cabbage Slaw with Hazelnuts & Lemon
- Thanksgiving Slaw
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Hazelnuts & Brown Butter Dressing
This feast is not complete without stuffing. But save the traditional recipes for dinner with your family. Your Friendsgiving lineup deserves a stuffing with a twist. Whether you grill the bread, start with everything bagels, or go with a Syrian-inspired recipe, you can't go wrong.
- Grilled Bread Dressing with Cranberries and Leeks
- Everything Bagel Stuffing
- Canadian-Syrian Thanksgiving Stuffing
When it comes to potatoes, a basic creamy mash is just the beginning. From cheesy puffs to tangy sweet potatoes, there is something here for everyone.
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs
- Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin
- How To Make Classic Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- Sour Cream Balsamic Sweet Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce and Veggie Sides
You can't have a Friendsgiving feast without the sides. From a fig-cranberry sauce to mashed cauliflower, these side dishes are guaranteed to be hits.
- Fig Cranberry Sauce
- Cider-Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Butternut Squash Purée with Goat Cheese
- Smoky Creamed Kale
- Lemony Green Beans with Almond Breadcrumbs
- How To Make the Creamiest Mashed Cauliflower
When it comes to serving a crowd, casseroles are always a good idea. These totally comforting sides are easy to pull together, and often make a great addition for any vegetarian or gluten-free friends.