It's sweet, sweet strawberry season, and I've been buying pints of tiny berries no bigger than my thumb at the market, slicing off their tops and eating them whole. When strawberries are in season, it's prudent to eat your fill while you can, so let us help you. We have 20 recipes today that will make the most of those scarlet berries, from a no-bake strawberry icebox cake, to cheesecake ice cream with pink swirls, to a berry and basil soda (and margaritas too). Which will be your favorite?
These recipes span the spectrum from super simple (strawberries with a sprinkle of chile, or whole berries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar) to sweet confections like strawberry milk cake. There are frozen strawberry-yogurt popsicles, breakfast scones, and gluten-free cupcakes. Get your strawberry fix while you can.
FRESH STRAWBERRY RECIPES
• 1 No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
• 2 Strawberry Pizza
• 3 Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
• 4 Strawberry-Arugula Salad with Ricotta Topping
• 5 Strawberries with Chimayó Chile
• 6 Strawberries, Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
• 7 No-bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
BAKED STRAWBERRY RECIPES
• 16 Apricot, Almond and Strawberry Crumble
• 17 Strawberry-Sour Cream Scones with Brown Sugar Crumble
• 18 Strawberry-Nutella Pop Tarts
• 19 Strawberry Scalded Milk Cake
• 20 Gluten-Free Strawberry Cupcakes
What's your favorite way to enjoy strawberries this time of year?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)