As the weather warms up and the evenings stay brighter for longer, we're craving something lighter at the dinner table. We're ready to push aside all those stews and roasts, along with our wool coats and sweaters! A dinner salad is definitely ready to see its time in the spotlight after a long winter.
Here are 20 quick and easy ones that are satisfying enough to be a main course, yet definitely won't weigh you down this spring season.
Satisfying Vegetarian Salads
Meatless salads can make for a solid main dish if they're filled with enough of the good stuff. Pile on the beans, cheese, and nuts, and make sure you have an extra flavorful dressing.
- Rainbow Veggie Noodle Salad
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Garlicky Chickpea and Fennel Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Salad with Parsley-Pistachio Pesto
- Collard Green Salad with Strawberries & Tahini Dressing
Salads eith a Little Meat or Fish
To keep salads like these extra simple, lean on store-bought conveniences like frozen breaded chicken tenders or things that cook up in a flash, like shrimp. You can also make use of leftovers: Last night's chicken dinner easily translates to tonight's chicken salad.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Tender Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Lyonnaise Salad
- Thai Grilled Steak Salad
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Shrimp & Arugula Salad with Preserved Lemon Dressing
Grain and Pasta Salads
Not only do grain and pasta salads make for hearty dinners, but they also hold up well as leftovers, which means you'll have lunch all taken care of the next day.