20 Side Dishes to Make All Summer Long
Summer is all about simple, easy, and fresh meals, and this especially goes for side dishes. Whether that’s a fast salad for chicken fresh off the grill, or simple squash ribbons to give your stove a reprieve for the evening, use this as a time to let summer produce shine. From salads and slaws to whole grains and a few takes on summer classics, here are 20 fresh side dishes to make all summer long.
From a kohlrabi and cabbage slaw that will triumphantly conquer your CSA box, to a no-cook bean and feta side dish, and from cauliflower fritters to a simply glorious tomato cobbler, these are the side dishes you want to eat this summer.
If you’re all about keeping that oven off as much as possible during these hot summer months, these salads and slaws are just what you need. It’s hard to pass up things like tomato salads and pretty zucchini ribbons. And of course, cauliflower rice, which you can eat as is, or give it a quick sauté to soften it up — it’s delicious both ways.
And if you’re willing to fire up the oven, I promise you won’t be disappointed. With a savory version of a classic cobbler, and different takes on summer staples — like potato salad, grain salads, and plenty of veggies — these warm sides will complement just about any summer dinner.
No-Cook Summer Side Dishes
Cooked Summer Side Dishes
- Carrot Tahini Salad with Spiced Chickpeas
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Potato Salad with Lemon Tahini & Dill Dressing
- Snap Peas with Meyer Lemon and Mint
- Potatoes, Beans, and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
- Summer Farro Salad with Tomato, Cucumber & Basil
- Summer Corn Salad
- Tomato Cobbler with Cornmeal-Cheddar Biscuits
- Radishes Braised with Shallots and Vinegar
- Southern Smashed Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Fritters with Mint & Pea Spread
- Quick Balsamic Quinoa Salad