No matter your schedule, having a quick go-to dinner as a part of your meal plan is one of our favorite strategies to beat the weeknight dinner struggle. Cycle these recipes through your meal plan and you can expect a totally delicious dinner that's easy to pull together and hits the table fast. From restaurant-inspired chicken saltimbocca to saucy braised chickpeas, here are 20 quick dinners to keep in your meal plan rotation.
I love the versatility that comes with skillets. They are the do-it-all pan that can move effortlessly from the stovetop to the oven. Whether you're in the mood for a stir-fry or a cheesy chicken dinner nestled on veggies, all you need is a single skillet to bring it to life.
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Spinach and Potatoes
- Pork and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- One-Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
- Easy Sausage and Peppers
- Mexican Skillet Lasagna
Sheet Pan Suppers
Arm yourself with a sheet pan and 30 minutes and getting dinner on the table will feel like a snap. As an added bonus, cleanup is just as easy. You can go as simple as meal of meat and potatoes or make a party out of it with colorful fajitas.
- Sheet Pan Honey-Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 30-Minute Sheet Pan Potatoes and Chicken Sausage
- Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Mustard Maple Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus
One Pot Wonders
A lot can happen in a single pot. Freezer shortcuts and pantry ingredients are the secret to bringing soup, curries, and quick braises to the table fast.
- One-Pot Shrimp Scampi
- Lemony Tortellini Spinach Soup
- Tofu and Broccoli Green Curry
- Feta and Tomato Braised Chickpeas
- One-Pot Pasta Puttanesca
The Power of Pantry Ingredients
From canned beans and tomatoes, to dried pasta and a jar of curry paste, your pantry holds the solution to quick and easy dinners. Keep things simple with tacos, a one-pan pasta or a sauté of veggies, beans, and shrimp.