Of all the pots and pans you reach for on a nightly basis to get dinner on the table, let the cast iron skillet be the most turned to. It can do just about anything better than any of the other guys. It can go from stovetop to oven, is naturally nonstick, and gives off the kind of serious heat that results in perfectly seared meat and crispy, caramelized veggies. Practically everything tastes better cooked in a cast iron skillet. Here are 20 recipes that prove it.
Pasta is always a quick and easy choice for a weeknight dinner, but it gets even easier when all of the assembly (or nearly all of it) takes place in one cast iron skillet. Add some protein and plenty of veggies to the situation and you've got a crowd-pleasing meal on your hands.
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
- Weeknight Skillet Lasagna
- Turkey and Greens Skillet Pasta
- Chicken Parm and Pasta Skillet
- Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
- One-Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Southwest Skillet Ragu
Whether you're looking for a Meatless Monday dinner or you're a vegetarian, lean on that trusty cast iron skillet to churn out hearty meals that fit that bill, like macaroni and cheese and eggplant Parmesan.
If you'd rather a more meat-filled option, though, there are always plenty of those. Use your cast iron skillet to brown and cook chicken and pork chops with vegetables or let it help you make ridiculously awesome pizza.
- One-Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
- One-Skillet Chicken with Garlicky Broccoli and Croutons
- Pepperoni Skillet Pizza
- Skillet Chicken Empanada Pie
- Weeknight Skillet Paella
- Skillet Maple-Mustard Chicken and Broccoli with Vinaigrette
- Skillet Beef & Ale Pie
- Deep-Dish Chicago-Style Sausage and Mushroom Skillet Pizza
- Easy Skillet Chicken Pot Pie