Winter weeknights are just like all other weeknights throughout the rest of the year — busy, busy, busy. Which means the season brings a desire for quick meals that get to the table without fuss. The cold weather also brings a desire for some level of comfort to the table, however. These 20 recipes are just that: They're quick, easy, and extra comforting, whether it's a big pot of soup, a hearty steak dinner, or a cheesy pasta.
As far as I am concerned, the only way to survive the frigid weather of winter is to embrace soup. My soup pot seems to be permanently fixed on my stove during these blustery months. Whether the day calls for something creamy, something hearty, or something in between, there's a soup here for you.
- Lemony Tortellini Spinach Soup
- Rotisserie Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Weeknight Rotisserie Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Mushroom and Barley Soup
- Easy One-Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Simple Kale & Potato Soup
While it's best to save slow-cooked braises and roasts for snowy weekends, these dishes deliver just as much comfort in a fraction on the time. Roast chicken becomes weeknight-friendly when it's cooked on a sheet pan, and meatloaf is made faster when it's prepared in muffin tins.
- Easy Balsamic Glazed Steak Tips and Mushrooms
- Rigatoni with Winter Squash and Kale
- Quick-Braised Chicken, Beans, and Greens
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins and Broccoli Stem Slaw
- Carbonara Orzotto
- Lemon-Rosemary Roast Chicken with Winter Green Stems
- Orecchiette with Caramelized Fennel and Spicy Sausage
Meat doesn't have to be the only road to winter comfort food when there are things like cheese and creamy coconut milk involved. The vegetables that are prominent this time of year, like winter squash, mushrooms, and potatoes, also happen to be quite hefty themselves.