If you ask us, the best Mother's Day gift is surprising mom with a celebratory brunch. Whatever you cook up, we know she's going to love it. And, if you're worried about pulling off a special to-do without neglecting your most important guest — don't. You can get a jump-start on the day with a menu that can be prepped (if not fully prepared) in advance.
From sweet cinnamon rolls and egg casseroles, to quiches and sweet breakfast bakes, here are 20 make-ahead recipes for a delicious and stress-free Mother's Day brunch.
Muffins, Scones, and Buns
What is Mother's Day brunch without swirly buns, scones, or muffins to start? In addition to being totally irresistable, baked goods can be prepared from start to finish a day or two in advance.
- Savory Radish and Goat Cheese Muffins
- Coffee Cake Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffins
- How To Make the Best Buttery Scones
- Mixed Berry & Jasmine Tea Scones
- How To Make the Easiest Cinnamon Rolls
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
Make-Ahead Egg Casseroles
If you're looking to add something savory to the menu, these make-ahead egg casseroles are fit for celebration. They go a step beyond the everyday favorites, and most can be prepped a day in advance and then baked in the morning.
- Spicy Kale and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Quiche and Frittatas
What mom wouldn't love being greeted in the morning with a creamy quiche or seasonal frittata? Get a jump on brunch by prepping and cooking these recipes a day in advance, then gently reheat them in the oven just before serving.
- How To Make a Foolproof Quiche
- Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables
- Easy Caprese Quiche
- Sausage and Eggplant Summer Frittata
- Spring Frittata with Asparagus & Radishes
Sweet Breakfast Casseroles
If the special mom in your life has a sweet tooth, a French toast or pancake-inspired casserole is what she deserves. These recipes are even better when prepped ahead and then baked in the morning.
- Orange-Maple French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Lemon Brioche French Toast & Raspberries
- Blueberry Pancake Casserole
Are you cooking something special for your mom? Share with us in the comments!