The key to avoiding another sad desk lunch at the office is simple: Embrace make-ahead recipes. Find a smart recipe that you can make in bulk and will enjoy eating all week. There's no reason for you to order takeout or hit the vending machine when you set yourself up for success with simple, delicious recipes.
From a kale and quinoa salad with dates, to chickpea and cheddar quesadillas, you'll be brown baggin' it in style at the office all week long. Monday has nothing on these on these make-ahead lunch options.
The key to a really good make-ahead salad — one that's not going to be soggy when lunch rolls around — is starting with hearty ingredients that aren't prone to wilting, like tough dark greens, broccoli slaw, and cauliflower rice.
- Mason Jar Tuna Niçoise
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
Salads Starring Grains, Lentils, and Beans
Not only do whole grains, lentils, and beans make a solid salad base, but they also add a boost of protein that will make lunch more filling.
- Orzo with Butternut Squash, Spinach & Blue Cheese
- Wheat Berry Salad with Blood Oranges, Feta & Red Onion Vinaigrette
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
- Chilled Black Bean, Feta & Cucumber Salad
- Tomato and Feta White Bean Salad
Sandwiches, Wraps, and Pita Pockets
These are the kind of sandwiches that make you look forward to lunchtime.
- Chickpea and Cheddar Quesadillas
- The Best Pesto Chicken Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto
- Mediterranean Veggie Pita Sandwich
Soups are always a great idea for lunch. In fact, make a double batch and stash the rest in the freezer for later.
- Chicken Lentil Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
- Soba Noodle Soup with Mushrooms & Chard
- Southwestern Butternut Squash Soup
I also like to keep lunch interesting by changing up my routine with savory muffins, noodle bowls, and stir-fries.
- Ham and Cheddar Lunch Box Muffins
- Tofu Chickpea Stir-Fry with Tahini Sauce
- Cold Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Sauce
With so many choices, how can you choose just one? Play our recipe roulette by pausing the video whenever you like and start prepping your lunch tonight.