While fried, poached, and scrambled eggs are best made right before eating, there are plenty of other eggy options that hold up well and can be made ahead. From casseroles to quiches to breakfast sandwiches, here are 20 recipes to get you started so the first meal of the day is an amazing one.
These breakfast casseroles might just be the ultimate win for a make-ahead egg breakfasts. Fill them with veggies, meat, cheese, or a combo of the three, then make the recipe all the way through or prep your casserole and bake it in the morning before breakfast. Egg casseroles are ideal for working with your schedule and feeding a crowd.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Vegetable Supreme Egg Bake
- Make-Ahead Baked Greek Omelet
- Spicy Kale and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
Not only can quiche be made in advance, but they also taste even better after the flavors have had some time to settle and meld. And whether you swaddle this egg-centric dish with a flaky crust or not, quiche can be served warm or straight from the fridge.
- How To Make a Foolproof Quiche
- Easy Caprese Quiche
- Crustless Quiche with Summer Vegetables
- Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Mini Spinach Quiches with Flax Crust
Frittatas have long been my favorite make-ahead egg dish, not just for breakfast but also for dinners. Frittatas help you use up those bits and bobs of vegetables and herbs from the crisper, leftover meat, and whatever cheese you have in the fridge. They can be made totally in advance and are just as delicious straight from the fridge as they are warmed.
- How To Make a Frittata
- Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
- The Easiest Cheese and Vegetable Frittata
- Frittata with Potato, Red Pepper & Gouda
- French Onion Frittata
Breakfast Burritos, Quesadillas, and Egg Sandwiches
When it comes to breakfast sandwiches, I always think the best approach is to go all in by embracing big-batch cooking. This lineup of egg-filled burritos, quesadillas, and sandwiches can all be made in advance and freeze beautifully. Make a big batch, stock your freezer, then heat up breakfast in the oven while you tackle your morning routine.