Fact: Weekday mornings are almost always chaotic. But that doesn't mean you have to settle for a store-bought granola bar or tasteless bagel from the coffee cart. With a little planning and prep, you can wake up happy knowing that you've got something nourishing and delicious waiting for you.
From strawberry muffins and scrambled chickpea pitas to a savory parfait and overnight oats, here are 25 make-ahead breakfasts to make your mornings a little brighter.
Oatmeal on the Go
Whether you go for warm oats or an overnight version, this is an easy meal to prep and eat on the go.
- How To Make Tender Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oats with Jam & Toasted Coconut
- How To Make a Week of Steel-Cut Oats in 5 Minutes
- Zucchini Bread Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Pie Overnight Oats
Muffins and Scones
It's scientifically proven that facing your alarm clock is much easier when there are muffins and scones waiting for you in the kitchen. Bake up a batch of breakfast treats on Sunday and enjoy them all week long — on your commute to work or once you've settled in at your desk.
- Loaded Savory Breakfast Muffins
- Chocolate-Cherry Granola Muffins
- Orange and Strawberry Muffins
- Olive Oil Carrot Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- How To Make the Best Buttery Scones
- Mixed Berry & Jasmine Tea Scones
Just because you don't have time to cook in the morning doesn't mean you should rule out the breakfast sandwich. These hearty, filling options are ideal for big-batch cooking, and will help you tackle breakfast with ease.
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas
- Freezer-Friendly Frittata Breakfast Sandwiches
- The Wrapped Breakfast Quesadilla
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Herbed Egg Whites & Feta on English Muffins
Yogurt and Parfaits
If yogurt is your go-to, grab a few Mason jars and make your own fruit-on-the-bottom cups or a layered parfait. If you're feeling adventurous, yogurt breakfast pops will keep you cool and satisfy your growling stomach.