Whether due to a particularly abundant CSA delivery, an impulse buy at the supermarket, or unexpected leftovers after a party, we've all been there: staring down at a pile of ingredients we don't quite know what to do with. But we can always count on our readers for guidance and a ton of great ideas. Here are 20 ingredients that stumped cooks this year — which you responded to with (literally) hundreds of smart suggestions.
• 1 What Can I Make With White Chocolate Chips?
• 2 What Are Good Recipes For Using Up a Bunch of Sweet Potatoes?
• 3 What Are Some Savory Recipes That Use Cream Cheese?
• 4 What Else Can I Make With Leftover Green Enchilada Sauce?
• 5 What Can I Do With a Bunch of Jalapeños?
• 6 Help! What Can I Make With a Giant Napa Cabbage?
• 7 What Can I Do With a Big Bunch of Celery?
• 8 Do You Have Recipes for Rhubarb That Don't Include Strawberries?
• 9 What Can I Make With Cream of Coconut, Besides Cocktails?
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)