When you're on the hunt for a meal that's hearty and blissfully satisfying, there's one dish that answers the call every single time: the casserole. This lineup is proof that you don't need meat to get filling comfort food on the table.
From root vegetable pot pie and roasted veggie lasagna, to egg bakes and baked black bean burritos, here are 20 ultra-hearty casseroles that skip the meat.
Comfort Food Casseroles
From classic casseroles to favorite dishes reimagined, these veggie-friendly numbers are comfort food at its finest. We're especially partial to that French onion soup casserole, which reimagines the classic soup as a gooey, cheesy oven delight.
- Smoky Sweet Potato & Black Bean Casserole
- French Onion Soup Casserole
- 6-Ingredient Vegan Enchilada Casserole
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Pot Pie
- How To Make Classic Eggplant Parmesan
The only thing better than a bowl of saucy pasta is a comforting baked dish layered with pasta, cheese, and veggies.
- Tomato, Broccoli & Mozzarella Pasta Casserole
- Lighter Baked Mac and Cheese
- Goat Cheese and Swiss Chard Pasta Casserole
- Ina Garten's Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- How To Make an All-Star Baked Ziti
These are the recipes that transform rice from plain side dish to super-hearty casserole.
Beans and Legumes
When a filling casserole is the name of the game, using hearty beans and legumes as the star of the dish is a surefire ticket to success.
- Chickpea Casserole with Lemon, Herbs & Shallots
- Lentil, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- Baked Black Bean and Avocado Burritos
When eggs, veggies, and potatoes are involved, you can bet a satisfying casserole is in your future.