20 Fresh & Colorful Salads for Your Thanksgiving Table
Thanksgiving is a heavy meal. There’s a sea of carbs (which we love) and desserts (which we double love) to enjoy on the big day. But the salad is your place to play and get creative. Who cares about the salad on Thanksgiving, you may ask. If you do it right, it will be a highlight of the meal — a colorful respite between the mounds of mashed potatoes and stuffing.
From lighter side salads with arugula and fennel, to hearty salads with roasted cabbage slaw and hazelnuts, we have 18 fresh options to choose from for Thanksgiving dinner.
Want to make your side salad the day before Thanksgiving? No problem. Try any of the hearty salads with leafy greens or the grain salads. They won’t let you down.
Read more: 6 Salad Greens You Can Dress Ahead of Time
Light Side Salads
Hearty Salads & Slaws
- Collard Green Slaw
- Cabbage Slaw with Ginger-Tahini Dressing
- Radicchio Salad with Green Olives & Parmesan
- Late-Winter Salad with Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Roasted Cabbage Slaw with Hazelnuts & Lemon
- Chickpea Salad with Red Onion, Sumac, and Lemon
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Hazelnuts & Brown Butter Dressing
- Thanksgiving Lentil Salad