20 Five-Ingredient Chicken Dinner Recipes
You need more easy chicken recipes in your life, right? Of course you do. These weeknight recipes prove that it doesn’t take a lot to make a totally delicious chicken dinner. Whether juicy thighs speak to your soul or you prefer lean breasts, each one of these easy recipes comes together with no more than five ingredients (you get oil or butter and salt and pepper as freebies).
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
Since chicken thighs are fattier than lean chicken breasts, they already come packed with tons of rich flavor and don’t really need extra help. But give them some anyway, with a simple brine, sauce, or glaze.
Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Thighs
The same goes for bone-in thighs — this wallet-friendly cut doesn’t skimp in the flavor department. Flavor the skin with a simple spice rub before searing, or treat them to a glaze of other fresh toppings.
- How To Make Crispy, Juicy Chicken Thighs in the Slow Cooker
- Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel & Lemon
- How To Make a Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Sheet Pan Meal
- Lemon Thyme Chicken Thighs
- Pan-Seared Crispy Chicken Thighs with Blistered Tomatoes and Basil
Lean chicken breast is ridiculously versatile. It’s a vehicle for whatever type of flavor you want to bring to the table.
A Whole Chicken
When you want to keep thing supremely simple, there’s no better place to start than with a whole bird. The best roast chicken starts with salt, pepper, and, if you like, some oil or butter.