Now that the temperature is dropping a bit with the change of seasons, dinner parties are back on our agenda. It's finally cool enough to cook up a nice dinner inside and invite our friends over. But regardless of what we end up cooking, it's a guarantee that dessert will be a simple affair. That's because the last bites of a great meal don't have to be fussy to be delicious. These 20 fast and fancy desserts prove just that, and we plan to lean on them all season long.
If you don't have to preheat the oven, you're that much closer to dessert. These sweets lean on the stovetop and grill to come together quickly. Plus, it's hard to deny just how fancy things like panna cotta and poached fruit feel after a nice dinner.
- Easy 20-Minute Arroz con Leche (Made with Leftover Rice)
- Whipped Yogurt with Apples and Walnuts
- How To Make Panna Cotta
- Chocolate-Dipped Figs with Sea Salt
- Honey and Spice Poached Pears
- No-Bake Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- Grilled Figs with Honeyed Mascarpone
- Caramelized Plum Soup
- Poached Whole Plums with Brown Sugar Syrup
Easy Baked Fruit Desserts
Fall brings an abundance of fruit with it — apples, pears, figs, plums, and more — so it only makes sense to celebrate them. While desserts like crumbles and cobblers are quick and easy to throw together, these are just as fast and feel a touch more special.
- Catskills Apple Dumplings
- How To Make Hasselback Apples
- Free-Form Apple Tart
- Brûléed Fruit with Mascarpone Yogurt Sauce
- Roasted Pears with Lemon Stilton, Walnuts and Honey
- French Chocolate and Pear Clafoutis
Fast & Fancy Cookies, Brownies, Cake, and More
Cookies that lean on store-bought puff pastry and cakes that require nothing but pantry ingredients and a single bowl are huge wins when you're searching for a dessert that's fast and fancy.