Every time I hit the farmers market and load up on produce galore, the first thing I always crave is a big salad. I want to enjoy those veggies at their absolute freshest, and a salad always feels like the best way to achieve this since it's simple, satisfying, and really showcases the vegetables. Here are 20 salad recipes that are perfect for summer suppers.
Hearty Green Salads
A green salad hardly feels boring in the summer when it can be jazzed up with so many colorful veggies from the market. Throw some protein like beans, chicken, fish, or steak into the mix, and it's a main course-worthy affair.
- Make-Ahead Chicken and Veggie Chopped Salad
- How To Make Nicoise Salad
- Warm Potato and Salmon Salad
- Thai Grilled Steak Salad
- Collard Green Salad with Strawberries & Tahini Dressing
- BLT Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
With so much abundance at the farmers market, you can easily ditch the lettuce and whip up a summer salad that's focused on all the other marvelous things — be it tomatoes, corn, or eggplant.
- Spicy Panzanella Salad
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta
- Succotash Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Roasted Eggplant Salad with Smoked Almonds & Goat Cheese
- Greek-Style Tuna Salad
- Chickpea, Barley and Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint and Feta
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Pomegranate-Sumac Dressing
Pasta and Grain Salads
If you are craving a salad that's a touch heartier, round out the veggies you picked up at the market with some pasta or grains like barley or farro. The result is a bowl that makes for easy summer eating, whether on its own or part of your picnic spread.