We all have days when we feel so lazy that calling for takeout seems like a chore. It's on those days that the slow cooker's abilities shine the most. Muster up enough effort to toss a handful of things inside of it the morning of or night before and let it work its magic. Here are 20 of the best recipes that are made for moments just like these.
Hearty Soups and Stews
Toss a bunch of veggies, meat or beans, and broth in the slow cooker and you're looking at a steaming bowl of soup or stew waiting for you in just a few hours.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Freezer to Slow Cooker Vegetable Tagine
Beyond soups and stews, the slow cooker can churn out some extra-satisfying fork-and-knife meals without you having to do much work at all. Know that if you're feeling lazy enough to call for takeout Indian food or make a box of instant mac and cheese, the slow cooker can make these things for you with some upfront planning.
- Slow Cooker Veggie Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- How To Make Mac and Cheese in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
With a little foresight the night before, the slow cooker can help you get breakfast in order for the next morning.
- How To Make a Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole in the Slow Cooker
- How to Make Crunchy Granola in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Oatmeal with Honey & Fruit
- Slow Cooker Ginger Chicken Congee
Snack and Dessert Cravings
Lazy people want snacks and sweets too. A bag of chips or a pint of ice cream can seem like the best option during moments like these, but let the slow cooker help you out a little and you'll be thankful for things like homemade party mix and warm apple crisp. These are especially good for the weekend when you know you will want something to munch on.