20 Breakfast Casserole Recipes for the Holidays
Christmas morning is always a feast for the senses. The smell of the tree, the hum of holiday music, and now the rich and welcoming smell of a fresh-out-of-the-oven casserole. It’s the cozy breakfast, often with make-ahead potential, perfect for feeding a crowd of any size, big or small. From a citrus and maple French toast casserole to a ham and cheese strata with a twist, here are 20 breakfast casseroles to make and serve at this year’s Christmas brunch.
Sweet Breakfast Casseroles
Grab a loaf of buttery brioche or challah and your trusty 9×13-inch pan, because these sweet breakfast casseroles are your ticket to an easy and impressive French toast breakfast on Christmas morning. And there’s more to love! Most of these sweet breakfast bakes are even better when prepared a day before serving, so all that’s required come morning is popping the baking dish in the oven.
Meaty Breakfast Casseroles
If your goal for Christmas brunch is pure, unadulterated coziness and comfort, this lineup is guaranteed to deliver. Take your pick of bacon, sausage, or ham, and then tuck it inside one of these creamy egg casseroles.
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Greens Breakfast Casserole
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Make-Ahead “Ham & Cheese” Breakfast Casserole
- Savory Bread Pudding with Spinach, Chèvre, Smoked Ham & Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Swiss Chard and Sausage Bread Pudding
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
Savory Vegetarian Breakfast Casseroles
A simple egg and vegetable casserole might be your everyday go-to choice, but this lineup shows you how to really turn it up a notch for Christmas morning. From upgrades like briny feta and fresh herbs to an ultra-luxe addition of Brie and a spicy twist from a Korean condiment, these casseroles were made for celebration.