When sweet corn finally hits the farmers market, it truly feels like summer to me. All the stuff before — strawberries, snap peas, zucchini — seems like the buildup to this main attraction. It's hard not to want to simply eat it on the cob, slathered with butter from now through Labor Day. But there are countless ways to prepare fresh corn beyond its most classic form, all of which taste equally as celebratory.
Here are 20 dishes, from sides like slow-cooker corn pudding and sweet corn and tomato salad to main dishes like creamy corn mac and cheese and spaghetti with corn and parsley pesto.
Corn as a Side Dish
When sweet corn is in season, it's hard not to want to squeeze it onto your plate each and every night. There are so many ways to prepare it as a side dish, all of which are a perfect match for whatever you may have tossed on the grill.
- How To Make Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
- Bryant Terry's Curried Corn and Coconut Rice
- Slow-Cooker Corn Pudding
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Bacon and Basil Wrapped Corn
- Potatoes, Green Beans, and Corn with Lemon-Brown Butter Dressing
- Sweet Corn & Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Grain Salad with Tomatoes, Corn and Basil
- Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
Corn as a Main Course
The best in-season corn deserves to shine in the spotlight, too. Carry it from the side of the plate to the center in everything from crispy fritters, grilled pizza, and creamy risotto.
- Fresh Corn Galette with Zucchini, Thyme, and Goat Cheese
- Truffled Corn Soup
- Grilled Pesto Chicken Flatbreads
- Smoky Corn and Shrimp Fritters
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Blackberry-Corn Salsa
- Gnocchi with Squash & Sweet Corn
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Corn & Parsley Pesto
- Grilled Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Corn, Tomato & Black Bean Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Creamy Corn Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Corn Risotto