Lazy mornings. Extra cups of coffee. Blankets on the couch. Pajamas until noon. Isn't this what long holiday weekends are all about? Well, these things and brunch, of course. This weekend you have a little extra time to make apple fritters or a batch of pumpkin cinnamon rolls, so go for it!
Here are 20 of our absolute favorite brunch recipes, from make-ahead winners like ham and cheese breakfast casserole to perennial crowd-pleasers like our lofty buttermilk pancakes (which really are so very lofty). Here's wishing everyone a very happy, very merry holiday weekend!
Have some leftover ingredients from Thanksgiving that need using up? Look no further than our No-Knead Pumpkin Rolls or our dreamy Cranberry Cake (yes, cake for breakfast is legit). And if you already have a carton of eggnog waiting in the fridge for December 1st, then you absolutely have to make a batch of Eggnog Doughnut Muffin. You won't be disappointed.
What are your brunch plans this long holiday weekend?
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- No-Knead Pumpkin Rolls with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Brie & Mushroom Strata
- Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
- Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes
- Country Ham & Onion Quiche Baked in a Sheet Pan
- Potato Breakfast Gratin with Red Peppers & Parmesan
- Monte Cristo Waffles with Warm Raspberry Sauce
Brunch's Savory Side
- Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs
- Winter Greens & Gruyere Tart with a Cornmeal Millet Crust
- Crispy Turnovers with Apple, Bacon & Caramelized Onion
- Green Shakshuka
- Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche