We are stepping through the past year, remembering the seasons and the dishes we cooked. It's winter now, so while we will tantalize you later with spring and summer recipes, today we stick close the present season. A year ago we were cooking hearty winter comfort food like smoky slow cooker pulled pork, mac and cheese with Brie and mushrooms, and roasted cabbage with bacon. There were lighter winter slaws, too, and homey treats like the richest butterscotch pudding you've ever tasted. Read on for these and more winter recipes from The Kitchn's past year.
• 6 Hashed Sprouts with Hazelnuts and Fried Capers
• 7 Beef and Barley Stew with Mushrooms
• 8 Sustainable Seafood Stew
• 9 No-Knead Bread Recipe: Multi-Grain Peasant Bread
• 10 Red Pepper, Sausage, and Chard Risotto
• 11 Free-Form Pasta Casserole
• 12 Rich and Meaty Lamb Ragù
• 13 How To Make Cream Biscuits In Less Than 15 Minutes
• 14 Ultimate Lemon Butter Bars from Rose Levy Beranbaum
• 15 Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork from The Splendid Table
What has been your favorite new winter recipe this year?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)