Ice cream is most definitely my weakness and the dessert I am likely to reach for when my sweet tooth strikes. That means I have lingered in the freezer aisle at the grocery store more often than I care to admit. Once I started making ice cream at home, however, my affection for the creamy frozen treat only grew.
It's not only easy to make in your own kitchen, but it's also a whole lot of fun. Here are the recipes you need to get started.
Classic Ice Cream Recipes
Before diving into the world of mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, and caramel swirls, it's best to master the basics. These recipes for classic vanilla, chocolate, and coffee ice cream are anything but boring and are sure to turn you into a homemade ice cream convert in no time.
- How To Make Ice Cream Without Eggs
- How To Make Vanilla Ice Cream
- How To Make the Best Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- How To Make the Best Coffee Ice Cream
No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes
If you're not ready to invest in an ice cream maker just yet, know that you have options! You can still make ice cream without the machine and get creamy, rich results.
- How To Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient!
- How To Make No-Cook, No-Churn, 2-Ingredient Ice Cream
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
If you don't eat dairy, ice cream made with vegan-friendly ingredients like coconut milk, almond milk, and cashew butter are great options. Not only do they mimic the consistency of dairy, but they also add awesome flavor.
- How To Make Vegan Cashew Ice Cream
- How To Make Dreamy Dairy-Free Vegan Ice Cream
- Vegan Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Vegan Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Fun Ice Cream Flavors
Perhaps the most fun part of making homemade ice cream is getting to experiment with flavors once you've mastered the basics, whether you're someone who likes lots of bits and pieces in your scoop or someone who craves something a bit more exotic.